Business Development Executive
To be part of Vayu’s business development function will be the primary responsibility of this role. This will entail managing all aspects of new Customer acquisition, from prospecting, customer meetings and communication. Superior customer service approach will be required with all prospect engagements through to account acquisition. This is a target-driven role with a requirement to work under pressure. Vayu is committed to being the leader in service provision and Customer management in the Irish energy industry. The industry is a highly competitive environment and the company is results-oriented.
The person will be an energetic and self-motivated person with previous demonstrable experience of successful direct corporate sales. The individual will be proactive and organised in driving the sales effort. In line with Vayu’s strong Customer service ethos, the individual should be a Customer champion with a track record of superior Customer service. This person will demonstrate a passion to succeed, the motivation to continue to learn. The ability to clearly distinguish value-based selling from price-based selling is essential. Ability to work on own initiative is a major requirement for this role. The person will be based in the Dublin office and will spend time working in Northern Ireland market. Ability to manage time and prioritise activities is an essential skill for this candidate and will be critical in achieving results.
Skills and Experience
The person will have excellent communications and presentation skills. An ability to deal with Customers and suppliers in face to face, telephone and email interactions will be required. Equally important will be strong persuasive abilities. A team player, this person will have good people and organisational management skills. A local contact network that will help to generate opportunities and leads into large energy users will be required for this role. The person must have strong B2B, field-based Business Development experience preferably selling into large Industrial & Commercial organisations. Minimum requirement two years’ experience. The person will have superior Customer service delivery and account management in a demanding Customer-oriented area with a track record of measurable results. Experience and / or knowledge of energy services would be a distinct advantage
A third-level qualification or equivalent is required.
This is a pivotal role within the organisation driving our business forward by targeting and winning customers in the corporate sector primarily in Northern Ireland. The desired result is the acquisition and retention of Customers but the work required to achieve this will be varied and will include significant interaction with other functions such as Marketing and Operations.
- Deliver agreed new business sales targets
- Cold-calling to identify new prospects
- Assist sales campaigns, preparation of written proposals, pricing / comparative and margin analyses to the high standards Vayu expects. Lead proposals to retain Customers when contracts are put up for tender
- Accurate and timely Sales Reporting to management
- Gather and share market information including competitor activity
- Attend corporate entertainment and networking events which may take place out of hours including on weekends
- Identify and create opportunities to cross-sell other Vayu products and services
- Take responsibility for managing the day to day operational activity of acquiring new accounts
- Develop the Customer relationship from the initial sales close with a deeper/more personal understanding of the Customers’ requirements
- Run appropriate/relevant seminars, training activities etc. in collaboration with Marketing
- Drive the creation of new products to meet market demand; absorption of feedback and competitor information to create useful specifications for product development
- Use business contact network to develop leads and opportunities into large energy users in NI and surrounding counties.
- Ability to work on own initiative and work between Dublin office and Northern Ireland market place.
- Some international travel may be required, supporting UK and Republic of Ireland sales activities as the business requirements dictate.
This role has the potential to develop into a senior account management / sales position with further potential for team leadership responsibility. As the business grows and develops into new markets, the nature of selling, for Vayu, will have to change markedly (e.g. telesales, online, outsourcing, etc.) and these developments will create their own momentum and opportunities for the creative and adaptable individual.
Please submit CV and cover letter using the form below.